Hurst Castle Interpretation
In October 2021, our Trustees met with Hurst Marine to discuss MOSHRS carrying out research to underpin the new interpretation of Hurst Castle.
While the brief has yet to be finalised it will probably include
- Hurst Spit before, during and after the Tudors
- The Tudor Keep, its visitors, occupants and military importance
- Napoleonic and Victorian influences on the Castle
- The Castle during two World Wars
- Anecdotes, Myths and Stories of Hurst Castle and the local parishes
- Hurst Castle and the local community over the years – the families, the houses, the school, the taverns.
This promises to be a very exciting project – and we are all looking forward to getting started.
If you would like to help then contact Chris Hobby at firstname.lastname@example.org